Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Start of Something New

I don’t like to think that the start of something new means the end of something else; it’s more like a changed continuation. Since last Thursday, I’ve started saying my good-byes – or as I prefer to call it my “see you later” - starting first with my Excel Students, then Friday’s Small Group Field Day, Saturday night with good/close friends, Sunday Morning Belmont A/G, and then Monday with family and my amazing friends for a girls night out filled with dinner and games (Boricua…Mmmm Jibarito).

It’s been a week filled with tears of joy and sadness as life is changing, BUT today – my first full day in Florida – as I began my morning devos and time of prayer, God gave me the understanding that there is no distance too great that prayer can’t fill! I began praying for my family, my friends, my students, my church, my leaders, my missions’ supporters…and God began to fill me to overflowing :)

I will always carry the memories that I made in Chicago and more importantly the people that have made and continue to make an impact on my life, but I look forward to what God has planned for me today and what He has for me in the future. I have a solid foundation to start off from, and God has instrumentally used everyone in my life to build that foundation! I don’t go out in this alone.

I look to this week with great hopes and anticipation of what God will do through me and through those back in Chicago. God is my Jehovah Jireh.

~ Praying daily ~

No comments:

Post a Comment