Saturday, June 12, 2010

Your thoughts aren't my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.

As the summer begins to pick up speed, I didn’t want to miss a chance to share progress on the projects I’ve been working with and where I am going this summer.

For a while now, I’ve been talking about a Displaced Community project. I have been a part of developing a new Book of Hope for Children and Youth who’ve gone through traumatic change because of a natural disaster or war. I’m so excited to tell you that the books are almost completed! The first week of June, I sat in creative design meetings to put the finishing touches on the books. They are in their final stages before the templates go to the Design department here at OneHope. It’s an amazing feeling when a project long in the making will be completed soon – hopefully this summer ☺

Since being at OneHope, I’ve also had the pleasure of developing surveys to assess the effectiveness of the Soccer Clinics that are being conducted in South Africa. The Soccer Clinics will not only share with students the love of Jesus, but also the 9 Fruits of the Spirit illustrated through Bible Stories, games, and discussion. The surveys allow OneHope to gauge how well the students retained what they learned as well as how likely they are to apply what they learned to their lives.

One of the last projects that I’ve been a part of during my training here in FL is with the Cultivate initiative in a local community. OneHope is partnering with local churches to help transform this community that has a high crime rate, with the love of God. Currently Cultivate is running 3 programs in the community: an After School Matters program, ESL for adults, and Adopt-a-Block. I’ve done observations for the After School Matters program and ESL for adults as well as developed a survey for their After School Matters to see if the program is meeting the goals of OneHope to address the Emotional, Spiritual, and Physical needs of the child.

This summer, I am scheduled to travel to 3 different countries on short-term assignments leading teams to work on my training with OneHope.

England: Late June – Mid July
Nicaragua: 1 week in July
Dominican Republic: 1st week in August

Please be praying for each person going on these trips as well as the missionaries in each country.

Also, please continue to pray that God opens up the right door for me this fall, whether that means going to South Africa or somewhere else in the world. Pray that God places me where I can best be used because His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are higher than mine. I want to follow Him wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment